How To Connect/Pair iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to Apple CarPlay In Honda Vehicles
Three is always better one. Of course we’re referring to the brand new iPhones─ the XS, XS Max, and XR─ that just dropped. And yes, we’re just as excited as you are to start checking out our Instagram, taking pictures, and watching all our favorite videos on these devices. Did you know that the XS even comes in a gold version?
Of course, you’ll also want to make sure that your new iPhone is accessible while you’re out driving in your Honda.
So here’s a quick-and-easy guide on how to pair your new iPhone to Apple CarPlay in your Honda vehicle.
How do I Connect my iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to Apple CarPlay in my Honda Vehicle?
(So long as your Honda vehicle is Apple CarPlay compatible) you’ll want to:
- Plug your iPhone into the CarPlay USB port. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon. If the CarPlay Home screen doesn’t appear, select the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
- If your car supports CarPlay over a wired solution, plug your iPhone into the USB port of your car. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
- If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car. See your car’s manual for more information.
- If your car has one, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel. Then ask what you need.
- If you have a touch screen, touch and hold the Home button in CarPlay until Siri appears on your stereo display. Then ask what you need.
Now that you’re all set for your iPhone-enhanced joyride, what are you waiting for? Go hit the road!